I have always been frugal even when the economy wasn't so rough and tough. So, here are a few of the things I do at home that save me money and time. I will continue to write and post these tips and tricks periodically. Feel free to send me tips and tricks you have and I will be happy to share with everyone on this blog.
- If you use Dryer Sheets -- cut them in 1/2 and it still works just as well. If you a load of towels or linens -- just cut the sheets in 1/2 and throw 2 of the halves in and it actually works better because the sheets are not attached to one towel the entire cycle.
- If you use Liquid Softener -- spray a handtowel with the softener and and throw it in with the wash. Not only does it work just as well but you use much less than a capful. If you don't trust that then just use 1/2 of a capful and see how that works for you. Like using only 1/2 of the dryer sheet, you really only need 1/2 of the manufacturer's suggested amount of Softner.
- Instead of using a brand like Windex or Fantastik, use windshield wiper solution. It is the same solution but for fraction of the cost.
- Make your own! Fill up a spray bottle 90% full, put a few drops of bleach and a few drops of dishwashing liquid -- shake it up and spray. It works wonders and cleans beautifully.
- Mix a solution of white vinegar and water and spray on your stove tops and/or your oven and grease will wipe right off.
- Create your own window cleaning solution by combining 1/2 cup non-sudsy ammonia, 1 cup white distilled vinegar, and 2 tablespoons cornstarch in a gallon of water.
- ▼ 01/25 - 02/01 (5)