Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dishing on Chick-fil-a Cow Appreciation Day - July 11

As many of you know, I just LOVE Chick-fil-a... always have. I should have tried to work there when I was a teenager instead of a now defunct burger place. But they were great, too. They were one of the first to serve wheat bread, lean ground beef and offered a full salad bar. I think they were called Delights. I can't recall -- I remember having to wear khaki pants, preppy suede shoes and a white polo.

I remember they had me making the burgers and helping with the orders ocassionally. Then they realized, I was pretty good at the register and made me the head cashier for drive thru orders. And they didn't have all the fancy registers that they had these days and I had to do a lot of the change in my head. Those were the days!

I digress....

I wanted to talk about Cow Appreciation Day, July 11. Chick fil a celebrates Cows and if you dress up like a cow on July 11 - you can get a meal on that day. I have donned on the Cow outfit for my kids and CFA for the past 2 years and we love it. Usually, the restuarant we go to will also offer a plush cow or a coupon for a brownie or an ice dream. And it is a free meal!! Who can beat that!?

Click here for FAQs on Cow Appreciation Day.

And for those who know me... meet me there -- I will be eating with my kids there for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Okay, maybe not -- but Breakfast and Dinner may be in order. :-)

No comments:

The Dish with Ish

My photo
Mom, Organizer and Jack of All Trades